8 things I learned by the age of 18 :
- Everything takes time.. Whether it's getting over someone, making a change or finishing something.. It takes time.. And that’s okay.. We're always in a hurry and we forget to appreciate or even just accept the process..
- Other people are not the answer.. You may think others can heal you or make you feel better, which they might.. However, in the end, it’s up to you.. Learn how to love yourself instead of waiting for someone else to do it..
- Grow.. Never stop working in yourself on things you're passionate about, or on your future.. Grow into the person you want to become - Even if you're not sure who that is..
- The more you wait, the more time you waste.. Don't keep telling yourself "You’ll do it tomorrow" Now is now and who knows what happens tomorrow..
- Often, people are temporary.. Accept it.. It hurts, it's unfair, but sometimes friendships end or people leave.. Treasure every moment you have with someone rather than being afraid it could end..
- Some days will suck and it's okay.. Find peace in the days you're feeling sad, find peace in being bored.. Without having bad days, good days wouldn't be as good..
- Don't let anyone determine who you are.. Only you decide which way you're going, only you decide what you wear and only you decide what you want to be like.. Don’t let anyone take that right away from you..
- Change is inevitable.. No matter if it's positive or negative, change is one of the few things you can always rely on…Don't fear it, but feel reassured - You won't live the same life all along..